Prairie Elevator & Museum
Ph: (403) 972-2028 Days: July & August – 7 days per week Hrs: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
NOTE: The elevator is opening earlier this year, opening on Monday, June 25th
Prairie Elevators are historical landmarks that are slowly disappearing from the horizon across the prairies. Please visit Acadia Valley and tour The Prairie Elevator.
- A Tea House, Gift Shop and Museum;
- Located in Acadia Valley;
- A restored Alberta Wheat Pool Elevator in working condition (but not operable);
- You can tour the facility and learn how these large structures handled the millions of bushels of grain grown in our agricultural areas;
- There is also a restored CNR caboose on site to further remind us that there was once a railroad running through the hamlet of Acadia Valley.
Stop in for a refreshment and a snack, browse the tea rooms many Arts & Crafts, many of which are made by local artisans. If you find something you like, by all means, take it home with you.
NEW: This year we offer old fashioned hard ice cream for a treat.
Learn More About Us
Featuring “The Prairie Elevator” ~ SAMDA website
Featuring “The Prairie Elevator” ~ Canadian Badlands website
“NEW” Prairie Elevator Museum & Tea House Brochure: PDF
“PAST” Prairie Elevator Museum & Tea House Brochure: PDF
Catalogue House Tour Brochure: PDF